PBUUC Rental Information
Weddings, receptions, seminars, musical recitals, company retreats... the beautiful facilities at Paint Branch Unitarian Universalist Church provide a unique, memorable setting for your special event. Nestled in virgin woods, our convenient location is only one mile outside the Washington Beltway in western Prince George's County, near the Montgomery County line. Our large, panoramic deck is ideally suited for indoor and outdoor events .We also have space available for long-term rental to non-profit organizations.
PBUUC's contemporary-style Meeting House contains a large open gathering space with wood flooring, flexible seating arrangements, and windows looking out at natural woodland beauty. Our walls are decorated with contemporary art works rather than religious symbols. Persons of all faiths, or no faith, feel "at home" in our beautiful sanctuary.
The 2,400-square-foot Meeting House has excellent acoustics, making the room a wonderful setting for any event involving music. The hall seats about 175 people without tables and about 120 people with tables. A kitchen with two stoves and a warmer oven is available for food preparation and reheating.
A panoramic deck surrounds the Meeting House and connects it with PBUUC's other building as well as the 100-car-capacity parking lot, providing barrier-free access to PBUUC's main spaces. A staircase from the deck leads to a wooded glen behind the church building.
Our recently renovated Religious Exploration Building provides an idyllic, peaceful setting for smaller gatherings. The largest space, called the Kelley Room, seats 70 people for a lecture or 50 for a banquet. Smaller rooms hold from 20 to 40 people each. All rooms, as well as the corridor that connects them, have large windows providing natural daylight and beautiful views of nature in any season.
Rented together, the rooms in the Religious Exploration Building provide a lovely setting for a company retreat, conference or any other gathering that requires space for plenary and breakout sessions.
The lower level of the Religious Exploration Building provides about 1,400 square feet of space — two rooms, a foyer and a separate restroom — suitable for long-term leasing to a non-profit organization that needs dedicated office space. A separate entrance can be arranged.
Rates are per hour, with a 2-hour minimum. Rate for a rehearsal, in conjunction with an event, is a flat fee of $50.00.
(capacity: 175 for concerts, lectures or ceremonies, 120 for banquets):
- Weekends (begin on Friday at 8 a.m., through Sunday at 11 p.m. — no availability on Sunday until 2 p.m.): $175/hr
- Weekdays (begin Monday at 8 a.m. through Thursday at 11 p.m.): $125/hr
- Kitchen — provided with Meeting House rental, RE Building kitchen provided if not already in use
- Piano — $100 flat fee per event; use of piano included in rehearsals
Religious Exploration Building:
- Kelley Room (capacity: 70 for lectures or ceremonies, 50 for banquet)
- Weekends (Friday at 8 a.m. through Sunday at 11 p.m.): $100/hr
- Weekdays (Monday at 8 a.m. through Thursday at 11 p.m.): $90/hr
- Hospitality Room (kitchen facilities in RE Building) included in rental, if available
- Classrooms (capacity: 20; excluding Rooms 2/3): $45/hr
- Classroom 2/3 (capacity: 40): $90/hr
- Glen (wooded area behind RE Building and Meeting House): $30/hr
The Rental Manager will open and close the building at the prearranged hours and remain on the premises for the duration of the event. If the premises are not in good order, and the Rental Manager must stay after the agreed upon time for additional cleanup, the rate is $60 per hour. If a second Rental Manager is needed to assist with a fast change in setup, there is an additional flat fee of $50.
The rate for a rehearsal in conjunction with a wedding or similar event is $50.
No-Charge Events Are Available to the Following:
Members and their immediate families may use the facilities at no charge for weddings and memorial services. This includes the rehearsal and a simple 1-hour reception after the service in the foyer when there is no need for a banquet setup. If the reception requires more time, rearrangement of the rooms, or use of other spaces, there will a charge for the use of the room for the reception at a 25% discount off the standard room rate.
There will be no charge for use of the building by Unitarian Universalist congregations or affiliated organizations.
Discounts Are Available for the Following:
- Recitals, concerts and non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations will receive a 25% discount off standard rates with proof of status.
- Members and their immediate families may use the facilities for events other than wedding and memorials services, as described above, and receive a 25% discount off standard room rates.
For one-time, recurring, or long-term rental information, please contact the Church Administrator for applicable rates.