The Nominating Committee, elected in June at the Annual Congregational Meeting, identifies strong candidates for the Board of Trustees, the next Nominating Committee, and the Legacy Fund Committee.
The Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws for our church call for the staggered election of four members to serve on the Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee may choose its Presiding Officer.
As a member of the Nominating Committee, you will be responsible for working as a team to recruit and recommend members to fill the regular and unexpired terms of the:
- Board of Trustees
- Legacy Fund Committee
- Nominating Committee
Members of the Nominating Committee must be:
- Able to work together as a team to advance the Church’s mission, vision and goals, specifically, to work in concert with the Board and other committees/affinity groups to develop and implement a strategy to recruit a strong slate of candidates for all open positions.
- Active members of the Church. They should attend Sunday Services and participate in other Church-based activities.
- Committed to the Church’s resolution on becoming an intentional multicultural congregation.
- Able to attend four or five meetings a year.
- Be willing to perform Committee work outside of meetings, which may include but not be limited to:
- Preparing and responding to e-mails for time-sensitive matters that arise between formal meetings.
- Preparing written reports for dissemination to the full Board on status of nominees for positions.
- Presenting candidates for full terms to the Congregation at its Annual Meeting.
- Presenting candidates for unexpired terms to the Board.
- Open to opportunities for leadership development provided by the Church, local, district, regional and denominational organizations from time to time.