Visitors to BoT Meetings
Members of PBUUC are invited to attend either or both the Executive Committee meeting, at which is set the Agenda for the next Board of Trustees meeting, and the monthly Board of Trustees meeting itself. Executive Committee meetings typically occur on the third Tuesday of each month and BoT meetings on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Be sure to check in Sunday's bulletin for scheduling changes or updates, which typically occur in June, November, and December. The BoT Meeting agenda will be published online at least two days before each BoT meeting.
PBUUC Board of Trustees Policy for Welcoming Visitors
- The BoT Meeting Agenda Template will include: "Recognition of Visitors"
- Before the Chalice is lit, the Chair will recognize and introduce any Visitor present, invited or uninvited, new or familiar. Members and Officers will introduce themselves.
- Those who are uninvited (i.e., not previously scheduled to speak to an agenda item) will be asked whether they are attending the meeting as an Observer or as an Advocate.
- The BoT welcomes observers and understands the "role" of "Observer" as one of non-participation in the discussions of the BoT as it transacts the business of the Church.
- The Chair will ask an Advocate to state the one topic that person wishes to address.
- If that topic is on the Agenda, the visitor/advocate will be recognized by the Chair at the beginning of the discussion about that topic or about a motion made by a BoT member about that topic;
- After being recognized by the Chair, the visitor/advocate may speak to that topic, and only that topic, for a brief period of time not to exceed five minutes. The visitor/advocate will thus be entrusting his/her thoughts on the topic to the Trustees, whose duty it is to make a decision by further discussion and vote on the motion made about the topic;
- Further participation of the visitor/advocate in the discussion will be up to the discretion of the BoT Chair.
- If the topic the visitor/advocate wishes to speak to is not on the Agenda, it will be up to the discretion of the BoT Chair to decide to add it to the agenda for that meeting or to defer it to another meeting. If it is added, all the parameters described above will obtain.
- The minutes of the Board of Trustees constitute the sole official and legal history and record of Board activity.
- Audio and/or video recordings without permission of the entire Board of Trustees is not permitted.